The future Queen of the Universe will be a Russian immigrant janitor named Jupiter, at least according to the Wachowskis in their new film, Jupiter Ascending.
In the new trailer from Warner Bros., the basics of the film’s plot are laid out fairly clearly. Jupiter (Mila Kunis) is the target of beings with technology far beyond our own, and they want her dead because of her DNA. When she becomes the enemy of Balem the King (Eddie Redmayne), the genetically enhanced soldier Caine (Channing Tatum) comes to her aid and acts as her protector. Then, in true Wachowski fashion, everything in sight blows up spectacularly.
Jupiter Ascending also stars Sean Bean, and was written, produced, and directed by Andy and Lana Wachowski.
The film is set for July 18, 2014.
- The trailer for Netflix’s ‘Sense8’ finale prepares fans for war
- The best shows on Netflix right now (May 2018)
- Photo editing on old computers is slow, but this app just made it 12x faster
- Get your Sagan on with 60 awe-inspiring photos of the final frontier
- The best movies on Netflix right now (May 2018)