The future Queen of the Universe will be a Russian immigrant janitor named Jupiter, at least according to the Wachowskis in their new film, Jupiter Ascending.
In the new trailer from Warner Bros., the basics of the film’s plot are laid out fairly clearly. Jupiter (Mila Kunis) is the target of beings with technology far beyond our own, and they want her dead because of her DNA. When she becomes the enemy of Balem the King (Eddie Redmayne), the genetically enhanced soldier Caine (Channing Tatum) comes to her aid and acts as her protector. Then, in true Wachowski fashion, everything in sight blows up spectacularly.
Jupiter Ascending also stars Sean Bean, and was written, produced, and directed by Andy and Lana Wachowski.
The film is set for July 18, 2014.
- What’s new on HBO and what’s leaving in January 2019
- The best movies on Netflix right now (January 2019)
- Get your Sagan on with 60 awe-inspiring photos of the final frontier
- ‘Oumuamua isn’t alone: More interstellar objects found in our solar system
- The best horror movies on Netflix right now (January 2019)