Released initially in 2010 for Xbox 360 via Xbox Live Arcade, Pinball FX2 is finally making its way over to the Xbox One. Developer Zen Studios announced on its blog that the game will be available as a free download starting July 31, and it comes with the Sorcerer’s Lair table to get you started. Mel Kirk, VP of Publishing at Zen, said “with the release of Pinball FX2 on Xbox One, we have closed the loop and can now offer our fans a complete virtual pinball experience, regardless of system of preference.”
This reworked version of Pinball FX2 promises “1080p graphics at 60 frames per second, worldwide tournaments, new achievements, and a slick new menu interface.” The series is known for its collaborations with popular franchises, making themed pinball tables their specialty. When the game launches, some of the most well known tables will be available for download on day one, including Star Wars Pinball tables, Marvel Pinball tables, and Plants vs. Zombies Pinball. Zen Studios also makes mention of new tables on the horizon, including the previously announced Walking Dead tie-in, based on the Telltale Games series.
While the game is a free download, the tables do come at a cost. Single table pricing ranges between $2.49 and $2.99, while table packs can be purchased for $9.99 on the Xbox Games Store.
- These are all the Nintendo Switch games with console and PC crossplay
- AMD’s leaked road map shows plans for Ryzen, Threadripper processors until 2020
- Microsoft is setting the stage for Xbox Game Pass to thrive
- Xbox Game Pass to get all future first-party Xbox One games at release
- March’s Xbox Games With Gold freebies arrive a day early