At this point, can we mention that Kobi looks like a cross between something from Pixar and the Transformers? Maybe a cousin of Wall-E? And as with any new gadget worth its salt, there’s an app for that. With Kobi, all you do is drive the little guy around the driveway and tell it where to blow the snow or leaves. No more back breaking raking. Kobi has built-in sensors and GPS. And if that isn’t enough, Kobi can monitor the weather forecast via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and mobile data connectivity, so it knows when it’s gonna snow.
The website reads, “You own a smartphone and yet your shed is still full of dumb garden tools? Well, maybe they were helpful once, but today, it’s time for an upgrade. Say hi to Kobi, the smartest tool in the shed.” And then there’s this gem: “The joy of gardening is overrated.”
These aren’t yet on the market, and all their beta units are deployed, probably to those hardy souls in New York, Maine, and Vermont who are in the cross hairs of Old Man Winter as we speak. AccuWeather adds that the company will have these ready for the 2017-2018 winter, and they’ll cost $4,000.
Can something this cute face down the brutal winters of the East Coast? Time will tell. Good luck, little buddy. And watch out for those salt trucks — they don’t take prisoners.
- How A.I. will change your world in 2019, for better or worse
- Our Fortnite: Battle Royale building tips and tricks will help you survive
- Digital Trends Live: Apple versus news industry, Alexa Skills, and the OGarden
- The best Xbox One games you can get right now
- 4 women innovators who are using tech to help others live better lives