Rumpl took a similar approach with its Puffy blankets. Made of a water-resistant ripstop nylon, it’s basically a North Face jacket turned into blanket. The company launched a successful Kickstarter a couple years ago, and now it’s back with a different clothing-inspired blanket.
The Super Fleece is meant to be a hoodie for your bed. Apparently, it’s a super-soft blanket that even Tom Haverford would approve of. Like the Puffy, it combines elements of outdoor gear, like washability and breathability, but it’s meant to be used indoors. While its creators say it will keep you warm in a 45-degree house, it’s not rated to replace your sleeping bag on a camping trip.
The blanket has two fabrics, a top knit layer that repels stains and water, and a soft fleece layer that is antimicrobial. “These materials are specifically designed to keep you dry and comfortable when you’re active, and the Super Fleece offers the same benefits when you’re sleeping,” according to Rumpl.
The blankets are available in several color combinations, with a base of whale, white, stone, charcoal, or brick and a stripe of one of these hues. The campaign has proved pretty popular, already reaching well beyond its $15,000 goal with over $170,000. Therefore, the early-bird specials are gone, and the twin costs $120, the queen $165, and the king $200. The Super Fleece won’t ship until May 2016, which is basically the end of blanket season, unfortunately.
- Stay stylish and toasty in this season’s best ski and snowboard pants
- Conquer the cold with the best heated clothing and outdoor apparel for 2020
- Fuel adventure with the best camping gifts for outdoor enthusiasts
- Hit the slopes with confidence with 2020’s best ski and snowboard jackets
- Keep your hands warm and toasty on the slopes in 2020 with the best ski gloves