The Nook from Barnes & Noble stores all of the eBooks that you buy from them as well as any eBooks from the library or other downloads. However, they can’t hold all of the books in the world and sometimes you need to free up some space. Strangely, there isn’t an option to do this on the Nook itself but there are a couple of options available online and through your computer.
A couple of notes before we begin:
– You’ll need to use the USB option laid out below for books that you didn’t get through your B&N account.
– If you delete a book that you’ve purchased instead of archiving it, you will have to repurchase the book a second time if you want to read it in the future.
Okay, let’s start:
Barnes and Noble Online –
1. Log into your Barnes and Noble online account. Click the “My Account” in the top right menu. Look for “My Nook Library” in the drop-down memory and select that.
2. Find the book that you want to remove in the library list. Click “Delete”. This should be under the link labeled “Download”.
3. If you want it fully deleted click “Delete” when the site prompts you to confirm deletion instead of archiving.
On the Computer
1. Plug the USB cable into the Nook and the other end into your computer.
2. Go to “My Computer”. You can either use the desktop icon – if you have it, or click the “Start” button on the taskbar and find it in the menu. In “My Computer” find the drive that’s listed for your Nook.
3. Locate the book file that you want to delete. Right click the book and select “Delete”. The book should be gone now. To check this disconnect the Nook from your computer.
- The best ebook readers you can buy, no matter your budget
- How to delete and reinstall games on the Nintendo Switch
- 8 Nintendo Switch tips and tricks to get the most out of your hybrid console
- Tricks of the trade: How to get free stuff on Amazon
- These 100 best iPhone apps will turn your phone into a jack-of-all-trades