Roughly one year ago, Motorola introduced the Droid Maxx and Droid Mini. The latest in the Verizon-exclusive Droid smartphones, they focused on attaining strong battery life and strong specifications in a small package, respectively. Now, according to Evan Blass, better known as @evleaks, Motorola is prepping follow-ups to both smartphones.
According to Blass, the Abbagoochie and Valocia are the next handsets in the Droid Maxx and Droid Mini lines, respectively. Fun fact: the “abbagoochie” is a myth that arose roughly a decade and a half ago in West Virginia. Both are reportedly powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processors, though other details weren’t revealed.
It would make sense for Motorola to put out successors to the Droid Maxx and Droid Mini, so long as Motorola adheres to the yearly practice of putting out new smartphones that manufacturers follow nowadays. Even so, the new models will likely be exclusive to Verizon, much like every Droid smartphone released to date.
- The 20 best tech toys for kids will make you wish you were 10 again
- Motorola Moto G7: Here’s everything we know
- LG folding smartphone: News and rumors
- When is your phone getting Android 8.0 Oreo? We asked every major manufacturer
- AT&T confirms it will also carry Samsung’s 5G smartphone in early 2019