“The Nokia N8 has received the highest amount of consumer pre-orders in Nokia history and we are thrilled to start shipments of the N8, the first of Nokia’s new Symbian smartphone range,” said Jo Harlow, senior vice president of smartphones for Nokia.
According to Nokia, customers who pre-ordered the phone will have first priority in receiving it.
Nokia has banked a lot on the release of the N8. One of the phone’s most impressive features is its 12-megapixel camera, which might just give traditional point and shoots a run for their money. Additionally, the N8 includes 720p video, Wi-Fi, 16GB on-board storage expandable by microSD, HD-video plus HDMI-out for watching on the big screen, GPS navigation via OVI Maps and multi-tasking.
- Withings new Pulse HR is a customizable, connected fitness tracker
- When is your phone getting Android 9.0 Pie? We asked every major manufacturer
- Nokia 9 PureView: News, rumors, features, camera
- When is your phone getting Android 8.0 Oreo? We asked every major manufacturer
- What is MHL, exactly, and how does it work with your TV?