If you need to convince people that you have more friends than you really do, or simply want to creep out those around you when visiting popular tourist spots, it looks like the Selfie Arm could be the smartphone accessory you’ve been waiting for.
As its name cleverly suggests, this innovative smartphone attachment is a selfie stick that incorporates a fiberglass arm and hand instead of an extendable rod. What do you mean, “That sounds a bit weird”?
The pair describe their “lightweight and portable” prototype as offering “a direct commentary on the growing selfie stick phenomenon, and the constant, gnawing need for narcissistic Internet validation,” though you might also want to call it “a ghoulish-looking attachment guaranteed to frighten small children while at the same time keeping the area around you clear of people.”
At this stage, you may not be surprised to learn, there are no plans to commercialize the Selfie Arm, though if they do, it’s possible the bizarre contraption could provide a way around recent bans placed on its more conventional counterpart by tourist sites and big events around the world.
- Watts don’t matter when fast charging your phone — time does
- Realme GT 2 Pro lets you unravel wonders of the micro world
- Back to where it started: Testing 5G in the Chicagoland area
- European Union looks to block Apple’s hardware ‘gatekeeping’
- Google backs down, keeping cheaper way to date online intact