If you need to convince people that you have more friends than you really do, or simply want to creep out those around you when visiting popular tourist spots, it looks like the Selfie Arm could be the smartphone accessory you’ve been waiting for.
As its name cleverly suggests, this innovative smartphone attachment is a selfie stick that incorporates a fiberglass arm and hand instead of an extendable rod. What do you mean, “That sounds a bit weird”?
The pair describe their “lightweight and portable” prototype as offering “a direct commentary on the growing selfie stick phenomenon, and the constant, gnawing need for narcissistic Internet validation,” though you might also want to call it “a ghoulish-looking attachment guaranteed to frighten small children while at the same time keeping the area around you clear of people.”
At this stage, you may not be surprised to learn, there are no plans to commercialize the Selfie Arm, though if they do, it’s possible the bizarre contraption could provide a way around recent bans placed on its more conventional counterpart by tourist sites and big events around the world.
- How to hide the hole-punch camera on the Samsung Galaxy S10 line
- Apple patent highlights iPhone with a glass front that curves around the sides
- 10 prosthetic limbs so cool they’re better than the real thing
- Even older Apple Watches could be effective at spotting heart conditions
- Nubia’s two-screen wonder is a new solution to our all-screen selfie problems