The new plan includes unlimited voice minutes, unlimited text messaging, and 2GB of data for $60 per month. However, you’ll want to pay attention as to how much data you decide to use, as overage charges reach $15 per extra Gigabyte consumed. If you own a smartphone with Verizon Edge, you will get $10 off the monthly access.
Interestingly, Verizon also announced that it will add an extra gigabyte of data for those who sign up for a new data plan. In order to take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to either upgrade your phone or activate a smartphone on a More Everything plan with at least 1GB of data. The offer also works with the recently-announced $60 plan.
If you opt to take advantage of the deal, the free gigabyte is recurring. In other words, for the life of your new contract, you’ll receive that extra gigabyte every month. While that gigabyte might not seem like much, Verizon reminds us that it lets you watch two movies, make 2,000 visits to the Internet, or watch 10 hours of live NFL games.
- Which Verizon plan is best for you? We check out family, individual, and prepaid
- Shopping for plans on Sprint? We break down the carrier’s options
- The best unlimited data plans of 2018
- First responders to qualify for discounts under new AT&T policy
- Switching to the ‘Un-carrier?’ Here’s a breakdown of T-Mobile’s plans