The new plan includes unlimited voice minutes, unlimited text messaging, and 2GB of data for $60 per month. However, you’ll want to pay attention as to how much data you decide to use, as overage charges reach $15 per extra Gigabyte consumed. If you own a smartphone with Verizon Edge, you will get $10 off the monthly access.
Interestingly, Verizon also announced that it will add an extra gigabyte of data for those who sign up for a new data plan. In order to take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to either upgrade your phone or activate a smartphone on a More Everything plan with at least 1GB of data. The offer also works with the recently-announced $60 plan.
If you opt to take advantage of the deal, the free gigabyte is recurring. In other words, for the life of your new contract, you’ll receive that extra gigabyte every month. While that gigabyte might not seem like much, Verizon reminds us that it lets you watch two movies, make 2,000 visits to the Internet, or watch 10 hours of live NFL games.
- The 100 best Android apps (August 2021)
- The best VPN services for 2021
- Best cheap home internet deals for August 2021: AT&T, Spectrum, Optimum and more
- Best cheap cell phone plan deals for August 2021: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile
- Which Google One subscription is right for you? Google’s paid plans explained