Taking a leaf out of Republic Wireless’ book, Virgin Mobile has introduced a new $25 unlimited talk and text plan that places the data burden on Wi-Fi connections rather than a standard 3G or 4G connection.
The plan, which is available until September 2, is only available for new Virgin Mobile customers. Here is a list of Virgin Mobile phones that support the new plan:
- Kyocera Hydro Vibe 4G LTE
- LG Volt 4G LTE
- LG Optimus F3 4G LTE
- Virgin Mobile Awe
- Kyocera Rise
- Samsung Galaxy Ring
- Kyocera Event
If you opt to purchase the plan, you can upgrade to any of the three Virgin Mobile Beyond Talk plans, though you cannot revert back. In comparison, Republic Wireless’ $25 plan throws in 5GB of 3G data alongside unlimited Wi-Fi, talk, and text. Both wireless providers depend on Sprint’s network for coverage, so your mileage may vary depending on what part of the country you live in.
- The best unlimited data plan: Verizon vs. T-Mobile vs. AT&T vs. Sprint
- Don’t listen to the guy at the mall. How to pick the best smartphone data plan
- What size data plan is right for you? It all depends on what you use it for
- Here’s everything you need to know about Google’s Project Fi
- Which Verizon plan is best for you? We check out family, individual, and prepaid