So, you’re the proud owner of the ZTE Axon 7, one of the few phones out there that doesn’t come from a well-known company such as Apple or Samsung but can still go toe-to-toe with the latest iPhone or Galaxy. It’s a great, budget-based product that offers everything you could hope for in a modern smartphone, including lengthy battery life for the heavy users out there.
Sadly, however, it’s not perfect. There are a few ZTE Axon 7 problems here and there that can pop up and ruin a good time. Thankfully, they’re not major problems, and most have pretty simple and straightforward solutions. We’ve rounded up a list of the most common issues people have, and we’ve got some potential solutions for you to try.
Problem: Phone freezes or crashes occasionally
Smartphones have been known to freeze or crash, oftentimes without warning, and the Axon 7 is no different. If your phone has been doing either of these things, there are a couple of things you can try to fix it and get it running like normal.
- Look for an update. Go to Settings > All Settings > Updates to make sure you’re running the latest version of Android for your device.
- If the freezing or crashing happens while using certain apps, look for updates for those apps, or consider uninstalling them and reinstalling them again. To update or uninstall apps, open the Google Play Store, then tap the three horizontal lines icon > My apps. You’ll see a list of your installed apps. To uninstall one, tap it to see its details, then tap Uninstall > OK.
- Consider performing a factory reset, but back up your data first. Go to Settings > All Settings > Backup & Reset, then choose Back up my data to choose what information is backed up, and Backup Account to choose which Google account the backup is saved to. Choose Factory data reset to reset the phone to default settings.
Issue: Not receiving email
There are some scenarios in which you can send emails just fine, but are unable to receive any emails. While this may initially seem like a larger problem, there are some very simple things to check to address this issue and get back to receiving emails as intended.
- Open the Email app, then tap the three horizontal lines icon and then the gear icon. Tap Settings, then select the account that’s not receiving email. The changes you need to make depend on the type of account added. Typically, the cause of email issues lies with the incoming mail server and incoming port. Make sure that the correct information has been entered.
- You can also try removing the account and re-adding it. Remove it by going to Settings > All Settings > Accounts. Then tap the account category, followed by choosing the account you wish to remove. Touch the three vertical dots icon, then tap Remove account > Remove account. Re-add it by opening the Email app and tapping the three horizontal lines icon, then the gear icon, and then Settings > Add an account.
Problem: Phone gets hot while charging
Some people have found that the ZTE Axon 7 can occasionally get hot during the charging process. It doesn’t simply become warm to the touch, as it would during normal use, but hotter than expected. Fortunately, there are ways to check the phone to determine the cause.
- Check the charge port on the Axon 7 to make sure it has not been damaged. Also, remove any debris or dust that may reside within the port.
- Using the phone while charging could cause the phone to become hot. Playing videos, using GPS, or using a number of apps simultaneously can overwork the device. Cut down on how you use the phone during charging or don’t use it at all until charging is finished.
- As a last resort, consider performing a factory reset and restoring the phone with a backup, then charge the device again to see if it still becomes hot.
Problem: Unable to charge phone
The Axon 7 has a Quick Charge feature that allows it to be charged within a relatively short amount of time. However, sometimes the phone doesn’t charge as quickly as expected or doesn’t charge at all.
- As with the above charging problem, check the charging port on the phone for damage and clear out any debris or dust.
- Check the charging cable for damage as well and consider using a different cable to confirm if the problem is with the phone or the charger.
- If the problem is with the phone, reach out to ZTE Support.
- If the problem is with the charger you usually use, it may be time to buy a new charger or borrow one.
- It’s possible this could be a calibration issue that’s preventing the phone from recognizing it’s actually being charged. There’s an app called Advanced Battery Calibrator that may help.
Annoyance: Phone runs slowly
If you’ve been using your Axon 7 for a while, it may be running a bit slower than it did on day one. This is normal, as you’ve undoubtedly installed new apps and data, but in some cases, the phone will run much more slowly than it should.
- Restart the device.
- Check for a new software update by heading to Settings > All Settings > Updates.
- If the slowdown becomes more noticeable after installing certain apps, consider uninstalling them to see if the phone speeds back up.
- If you have a bunch of apps running in the background, force stop them by going to Settings > All Settings > Apps. Select the app you’d like to close, and tap Force stop.
- Back up your data and perform a factory reset.