In case it wasn’t clear before, it definitely is now: Marvel Studios’ upcoming summer blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy is a comedy. This isn’t news. It’s been known for some time. But Guardians doesn’t have quite the same cache in the public consciousness as an Iron Man or a Captain America, so its ridiculous antics need to be shoved in front of people’s faces.
That’s what this freshly released trailer – which Marvel released a teaser for yesterday – is all about. It’s the public’s first proper look at the superhero space comedy, which is due to arrive on August 1. Chris Pratt stars as Star-Lord, and he’s joined by fellow Guardians Zoe Saldana, as Gomora; Dave Bautista, as Drax the Destroyer; Bradley Cooper, as the voice of Rocket Raccoon; and Vin Diesel, as the voice of Groot. These five rascals band together, and shenanigans ensue. Also, the entire galaxy is in danger. Fun times.
Check out the trailer below.
- ‘Captain Marvel’: Everything we know about the movie so far
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Avengers: Endgame,’ ‘Bumblebee,’ ‘Alita,’ and more
- New ‘Captain Marvel’ trailer has Brie Larson flying high
- These are all the best trailers and new games revealed at The Game Awards 2018
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Everything we know about the ‘Infinity War’ sequel