In case it wasn’t clear before, it definitely is now: Marvel Studios’ upcoming summer blockbuster Guardians of the Galaxy is a comedy. This isn’t news. It’s been known for some time. But Guardians doesn’t have quite the same cache in the public consciousness as an Iron Man or a Captain America, so its ridiculous antics need to be shoved in front of people’s faces.
That’s what this freshly released trailer – which Marvel released a teaser for yesterday – is all about. It’s the public’s first proper look at the superhero space comedy, which is due to arrive on August 1. Chris Pratt stars as Star-Lord, and he’s joined by fellow Guardians Zoe Saldana, as Gomora; Dave Bautista, as Drax the Destroyer; Bradley Cooper, as the voice of Rocket Raccoon; and Vin Diesel, as the voice of Groot. These five rascals band together, and shenanigans ensue. Also, the entire galaxy is in danger. Fun times.
Check out the trailer below.
- Captain Marvel: Everything we know about the movie so far
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: Everything we know so far
- James Gunn in talks to direct Suicide Squad 2, give franchise his own spin
- After Avengers: Endgame, what’s next for the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
- Captain Marvel’s original ending didn’t explain her absence in Infinity War