There’s a lot going on in the first trailer for Ryan Reynolds’ new film, a dark comedy titled The Voices. Along with a talking dog and a talking cat — the latter of which urges Reynolds’ character to kill various people — the trailer features the Green Lantern star as Jerry, a disturbingly likable serial killer who is also having conversations with the disembodied heads of his victims.
Oh, and Anna Kendrick plays the pretty co-worker whose affections Jerry is chasing when he’s not chasing down people to stab and subsequently decapitate (and then place in the refrigerator, of course).
So, yeah… there’s a lot going on in the trailer (which debuted at EW).
Directed by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Marjane Satrapi (Persepolis), The Voices also stars Gemma Arterton, Adi Shankar, and Jacki Weaver. Reynolds provides the voices of the cat, Mr. Whiskers, and the dog, Bosco.
The script for the film was penned by Michael Perry, who wrote the screenplay and story for Paranormal Activity 2 and has writing credits on a long list of television series, including The River, Stephen King’s Dead Zone, and The Guardian.
The Voices hits theaters and Video On-Demand networks February 6.
- Here’s absolutely everything we know about ‘Deadpool 2’
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’: Everything we know about the sequel so far
- Here’s everything we know about the ‘Venom’ movie
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- Ryan Reynolds, Michael Bay, Deadpool writers to produce Netflix-exclusive film