YouTube user Snooperking filmed his own version of the The Force Awakens trailer using LEGO blocks, and the result is an impressive, shot-by-shot recreation of the teaser (embedded above) that’s amazing not just for the finished product but for ridiculously short turn-around time on producing it. The video was posted on YouTube the same day as the teaser premiered.
Another parody worth calling out is a “Crazy Lens Flare Edition” of the teaser (posted below) produced by YouTube user Luke Fitch, who digitally added a heaping helping of lens flare to the Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage in honor of director J.J. Abrams’ infamous affinity for that particular visual effect.
“We all know this is how J.J. Abrams really wanted it to look…” adds Fitch in the parody video’s description.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters December 18, 2015.
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’: Everything we know so far
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- Moment Anamorphic lens transforms your phone into a cinema camera
- Here’s how to watch Star Wars online
- Lucasfilm scraps plans for stand-alone star Wars movie about Boba Fett