At this point, it’s inevitable that every heavily hyped premiere of a movie’s trailer is followed by a series of fan-made parodies that offer different spins on the footage. The recent debut of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser didn’t escape that fate, and some of the parody videos that it spawned are so good they deserve a call-out of their own.
YouTube user Snooperking filmed his own version of the The Force Awakens trailer using LEGO blocks, and the result is an impressive, shot-by-shot recreation of the teaser (embedded above) that’s amazing not just for the finished product but for ridiculously short turn-around time on producing it. The video was posted on YouTube the same day as the teaser premiered.
Another parody worth calling out is a “Crazy Lens Flare Edition” of the teaser (posted below) produced by YouTube user Luke Fitch, who digitally added a heaping helping of lens flare to the Star Wars: The Force Awakens footage in honor of director J.J. Abrams’ infamous affinity for that particular visual effect.
“We all know this is how J.J. Abrams really wanted it to look…” adds Fitch in the parody video’s description.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters December 18, 2015.
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ so far
- Between the Streams: A brutal ‘Sicario 2’ trailer, 10 more years of Star Wars
- Jaegers, assemble! Here’s everything we know about ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’