Star Wars: The High Republic, next highly anticipated project set in an a galaxy far, far away, has been delayed.
The series of novels, comic books, and multimedia projects was initially set to begin to debut later this year, but will now be pushed back to 2021 due to the marketplace delays caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Disney announced that two novels will debut on Jan. 5, 2021, while a young adult novel will premiere on Feb. 5, 2021.
New release dates for Marvel’s Star Wars: The High Republic comic series and IDW Publishing’s Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures series haven’t been announced yet.
The new series takes place roughly 200 years before Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, at the height of the Galactic Republic’s power. The timeline in Star Wars: The High Republic won’t overlap with any other filmed or planned Star Wars series, Disney said.
Instead, Star Wars: The High Republic will offer a different spin on the relationship between the Jedi and the rest of the galaxy.
- Star Wars: The Bad Batch: Everything we know about the Disney+ series
- The 40 best movies on Disney+ right now
- Marvel’s Falcon and Winter Soldier: Everything we know about the Disney+ series
- All upcoming Star Wars movies and shows
- Star Wars places smart bet on its past to build its future