Star Wars: The High Republic, next highly anticipated project set in an a galaxy far, far away, has been delayed.
The series of novels, comic books, and multimedia projects was initially set to begin to debut later this year, but will now be pushed back to 2021 due to the marketplace delays caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Disney announced that two novels will debut on Jan. 5, 2021, while a young adult novel will premiere on Feb. 5, 2021.
New release dates for Marvel’s Star Wars: The High Republic comic series and IDW Publishing’s Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures series haven’t been announced yet.
The new series takes place roughly 200 years before Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, at the height of the Galactic Republic’s power. The timeline in Star Wars: The High Republic won’t overlap with any other filmed or planned Star Wars series, Disney said.
Instead, Star Wars: The High Republic will offer a different spin on the relationship between the Jedi and the rest of the galaxy.
- The Mandalorian, season 2: Episode 5’s Easter eggs and secrets explained
- All of the upcoming Star Wars movies and shows
- The Mandalorian, season 2: Episode 3’s Easter eggs and secrets explained
- The Mandalorian: Everything you should know before the season 2 premiere
- The Mandalorian, season 2: Episode 4’s Easter eggs and secrets explained