Along with the new channels added to Apple TV today, Flickr announced that its app on the media device has also been updated with a new experience.
Flickr for Apple TV now has a brand new viewing and browsing experience that should make it easier to find the billions of photos uploaded to Flickr. After signing in, you can view all your photos, videos, Favorites, Albums, and Groups. You can also easily turn an album into a slideshow or screensaver, or customize more than 15 different slideshow and screensaver modes. The app also now lets you access many of the desktop/mobile features, like add favorites, follow users (the new interface pulls up a short user bio, so you can find out more about the photographer before you follow him or her), view comments, or discover curated cool photos via Flickr’s Explore feature. You can view high-res images in 16:9 full-screen.
- Photo FOMO: A tripod with literal strings attached, Flickr’s new look for albums
- Flickr just expanded Pro tools — but free users may have to delete some photos
- Samsung cleans up its Android interface with new One UI skin
- Photography News: Flickr keeping Creative Commons photos, ONA gets colorful
- Amazon’s partnership with SideChef makes Alexa your sous chef