Each week, we gather a roundtable of tech experts from the Digital Trends staff, along with the occasional celebrity guest, to discuss all things tech. Topics range from the big tech stories of the week to predicting the future, all while maintaining a somewhat civil decorum.
Our topics this week:
• Amazon Go Store: Amazon has launched a test version of a new convenience store called Go. No clerks are present and no checkout is required — customers simply walk out out of the store and their account is charged. Could this concept catch on?
• Samsung to drop the headphone jack?: A report from SamMobile is stating that, like the iPhone 7, the new Galaxy S8 will ditch the standard headphone jack. After all the backlash against Apple for their lightning jack headphone, is this the direction all phones are heading?
• Microsoft Chatbot: Microsoft’s last attempt at an interactive AI Chatbot on Twitter, “Tay,” fell short of expectations due to trolls. The company has now gone to a different app for its latest venture. If you are a Kik user, you can now chat with “Zo.” What is the best way for companies to teach their AI programs to interact with people?
• Jetpack Ride Giveaway from DT: Enter now for your chance to fly around in a real jetpack! The JB-10 from JetPack Aviation is pretty incredible. Would you be willing to fly the pack over open water?
• DT Holiday Survival Guide: Digital Trends has put together a great guide to get you through the holiday season! Whatever situation you find yourself in, we’ll help you match the right tech.
Our latest weekly episode of Trends with Benefits features Ian Bell, Naomi Vo, Caleb Denison, and Greg Nibler.
Today’s show is sponsored by MailChimp. Send Better Email, Sell More Stuff.
Please subscribe and share Trends with Benefits and send in your questions to email@example.com. We also broadcast the show live on YouTube at 2 p.m. PT every Thursday at 2:30 p.m.