“DPAs [data protection authorities] will continue their investigations in close cooperation and take all necessary actions according to their competences and powers,” the statement continues. “Significant progress on these actions will be made before summer. A taskforce led by the French DPA (CNIL) will help to coordinate these actions.”
Between the stated summer deadline and Google’s belief that it has already fulfilled its legal requirements in this matter, it looks like the stage is set for another showdown between the two parties later this year.
- The best VPN services for 2021
- Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro: Everything you need to know
- Android 12: Everything you need to know
- The best VPN for torrenting for 2021
- The best Chrome VPN extensions for 2021