There was a fair bit of skepticism about the phablet form factor until Samsung scored a hit with the original Note. The third in the series is bigger than ever, boasting a whopping 5.7-inch display and flagship specs to match. Our Samsung Galaxy Note 3 review found little to complain about, but out in the wild every device has its issues, even a superphone. We’ve gathered together the Galaxy Note 3 problems that have been popping up online the most, and we offer up some potential solutions and advice for sufferers.
Updated on 11-11-2014 by Simon Hill: Reformatted and added problems related to charging, disappearing photos, and phantom notifications.
Click on a problem to jump straight to it:
- Problem: Charging slowly or not charging
- Glitch: Disappearing photos
- Annoyance: Phantom notifications
- Problem: Dropped calls
- Glitch: Unreliable GPS
- Problem: Battery drain
- Bug: Email not syncing
- Bug: Random restart and boot loop
- Problem: Region lock woes
- Bug: “Prevention information” message
- Glitch: Wi-Fi issues
- Problem: Overheating
- Bug: Index Service has stopped