Apple will only be filling pre-orders for the iPad 3G today, but more will be available on May 7. Some Apple stores are already reporting that fans are lining up to wait for the release, but lines are not expected to be as intense as the April 3rd release of the iPad. Apple has not released the sales numbers yet, but it is expected to be another strong release for the Cupertino company.
Since its release, Apple has sold 450,000 iPads in the U.S.
Pricing for the 3G is as follows:
AT&T is offering monthly pre-paid data plans data plans priced at $14.99 for up to 250MB, or $29.99 for unlimited downloads.
- Need a new tablet? The best iPad deals for January 2019
- Looking to upgrade? These are the best iPhone deals for January 2019
- What to expect from Apple’s October 30 event: New MacBooks, iPads
- Apple’s cheapest iPad may be a 10-inch model coming in 2019
- Here’s how to get your hands on the new Apple iPad Pro