Today Apple released its iTunes Rewind 2011 list, looking back over the most popular and bestselling music and apps from the past year. To no one’s surprise, Instagram took home the coveted “iPhone App of the Year” prize, confirming what we all knew about the photo filter tool.
Despite being iPhone-only, Instagram has rocketed to 15 million users and continues to focus on creating that Android app.
Now we’ve written about the many ideas Instagram has inspired before, but these applications and services have multiplied faster than the company’s staff (which remains at 10). So in honor of its prestigious “App of the Year” title, here’s a refreshed look at products we have Instagram to thank for.
- These 100 best iPhone apps will turn your phone into a jack-of-all-trades
- This app boosts event hashtags by collecting all snapshots in one place
- From DIY to AAA, here’s how to take a passport photo in five different ways
- Elevate your photography with the 20 best camera apps for the iPhone
- How to use Instagram Stories: Everything you need to know