The tablets were built by Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP), Asus spinoff Pegatron, and media player maker Archos. Ballmer and HP were pretty tight lipped about pricing and specs for the HP slate, but Ballmer did give a quick demo in which he pulled up Twilight on the tablet’s Amazon Kindle application. The tablet immediately displayed the cover of the teenage-vampire love story—a pair of hands cradling an apple—nice one Steve.
The HP prototype slate is said to be arriving later this year and Ballmer’s keynote, in its entirety, can be seen at Microsoft’s CES Web site. Check out the product clip.
- Apple leads tablet market as detachable devices continue their rise
- Lenovo Miix 630 hands-on review
- The Eve V crowdsourced tablet proves you really can design your own PC
- HP supercharges Spectre x360 15-inch with Intel 8th-Gen Core and AMD Vega graphics
- 12 tips to free up storage space on your Android phone or tablet