Let the guessing begin! Irrational games, the development house behind BioShock, Tribes and System Shock 2- are planning a press conference for Thursday August 12, where they will debut the trailer for their newest, unknown game.
The speculation as to what that game is, has been steadily building for months. Since the release of BioShock in 2007, no word has leaked as to what Irrational would be developing next (BioShock 2 was developed by 2K Marin). Some have suggested that it could be a new entry into the SWAT franchise, but that is just guesswork at the moment.
Irrational Games was purchased in 2006 by Take-Two Interactive and renamed 2K Boston and 2K Australia. The company recently announced that it would be reclaiming its original name. 2K Australia has since merged with 2K Marin, and are currently working on reboot of the game XCom, due out in 2011.
Tune in on the 12th, and we’ll have full coverage. Until then, feel free to speculate away in the comment section below.
- ‘Evolve’ is pulling the plug on its dedicated servers in September
- Citing morality standard, Australia’s ratings board rejects ‘We Happy Few’
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’: Everything we know
- The biggest no-shows of E3 2018: From ‘Final Fantasy VII’ to ‘Metroid Prime 4’
- Want to burn Sonic the Hedgehog into your morning meal? Sega can help