Similar to Dark Souls, Bloodborne is a third-person action RPG in which players square off against gigantic, nightmarish horrors. The measured tactics that Dark Souls encouraged have been replaced by a more aggressive, faster-paced style of combat. The trailer shows off some of the huge, exotic weapons that will be at your disposal.
The game features both competitive and cooperative multiplayer. In co-op, up to three hunters can team up to take on monsters together. In particular areas of the game, players are also vulnerable to other players invading their game for a fight, like in previous Souls games. It’s also possible to leave notes that appear in the games of others, offering hints or warnings. When a player dies, their tombstone sometimes appears in the analogous location in someone else’s game. Touching the tombstone generates a replay of the player’s final moments, perhaps offering guidance as to how the same fate can be avoided.
Bloodborne comes exclusively to PlayStation 4 on March 24 in North America, March 25 in Europe, and March 27 in the UK.
- Every FromSoftware Soulsborne game, ranked
- You can now add animations and voiceover to your PlayStation clips. Here’s how
- Elden Ring’s new patch still stutters; here’s how to fix it
- Elden Ring gameplay trailer shows off open world, spectral horses
- New Elden Ring trailer reveals an open world and a January 2022 release date