As announced at E3, Grand Theft Auto V comes to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One this fall (and even lets you bring your GTA Online characters along). The hardworking folks at Digital Foundry have released yet another of their popular comparison videos, this time showing off GTA V‘s next-gen makeover on the PS4 next to its PlayStation 3 forebear:
The differences are about what you’d expect: higher resolution textures, smoother lighting, fancier particle effects. The PS4’s advantage is particularly pronounced in the detail on water and the bloom coming out of headlights driving past at night.
No official release date for the new version has yet been provided, but expect it sometime in fall 2014.
- PS Plus Extra finally gives me a reason to keep my PS5 powered on
- A YouTuber has created a much smaller, thinner PS5 Slim
- How to factory reset a PS4
- Best PS5 game deals: Hours of AAA entertainment from $15
- PlayStation Plus’ PS1 games run at 60Hz in North America