DICE and Electronic Arts will drop Battlefield 3 on October 25, and for many of us that’s enough. Some people are already looking ahead though to what’s coming next; to those people, DICE has a message for you: chill.
“The business goals for us are not to release a game every year,” BF3 executive producer Patrick Bach said in an interview with GamerZines. “EA would never force us to release a game every year. I think that would dilute the vision of the franchise, and you will eventually kill the franchise by doing that.”
He goes on to admit that such an approach, which Call of Duty is known for taking, is theoretically possible. It’s not going to happen anytime soon though. “I know for sure that there aren’t any discussions about doing that,” Bach added.
All that said, there are now two fully functioning Battlefield franchises, the main one that’s coming out in October and the more character-driven Bad Company games. Might we see a new Bad Company next year instead…?
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- EA delays ‘Anthem’ to 2019, cites scheduling conflict with next Battlefield game
- Super Bowl champ Reggie Bush never left football, he just went to VR
- Conquer a galaxy far, far away with the 10 best Star Wars games of all time
- From Trump haircuts to lawn mowers, ‘Sounds Fun’ is an Alexa game about noises