The PlayStation Plus edition of Driveclub has been delayed due to ongoing server load issues with the already released PlayStation 4 version, the game’s director Paul “Rushy” Rustchynsky confirmed with an extended explanation on Facebook.
Players have had trouble getting online because the servers are apparently being pushed “to their absolute limit.” The PS Plus edition and My Driveclub app have been held off to lighten the server load while the developers scramble to alleviate the problem.
“We fully appreciate how frustrating this is for everyone,” Rustchynsky apologized. “We want you to get online with your club because racing, challenging, and having fun together is what the game is all about. We know that racing with your friends online is what you’ve been waiting for and we are doing everything we can to deliver that experience to you as soon as possible.”
This new delay is just the latest in a series for the game that was supposed to be a PS4 launch title. There is no word yet on when the eventual PS Plus release will be, but the developers promise regular updates on their progress.
- How to prepare a PlayStation 4 for gifting
- The best PlayStation 4 exclusives you can get right now
- Ambitious Playstation 4 exclusive ‘Dreams’ gets a beta; some players can join now
- How to set up HDR gaming on your 4K HDR TV and PS4/PS4 Pro
- PlayStation Classic hacked in less than a week to play games via USB drive