It has long been suspected that Electronic Arts had Starbreeze Studios, the developer of The Darkness and the two Chronicles of Riddick games, working on a reboot of the cyberpunk-themed Syndicate series under the heading of the mysteriously titled “Project RedLime.” Facts have emerged over the years since RedLime was first announced pointing to a more definite connection between Starbreeze and the classic EA series, but some newly leaked info reveals the first actual game details more than three years after the publisher first mentioned the project.
The info comes from an accidental posting on EA’s Origin online store, spotted and posted to uber-gaming message forums NeoGAF. A formal reveal of the game is apparently coming shortly, with the next issue of Swedish gaming mag Gamereactor featuring it as a cover story. Check out the leaked game details in the italicized text below, and follow the source link for some more sweet screens.
Syndicate is the re-imagination of a cult classic franchise from 1993 – a unique action shooter set in a not too distant future, where Business is War.
2069 – No longer governed by politicians, the developed world is divided up into regions controlled by megacorporations known as Syndicates. These Syndicates have revolutionized how the consumer interacts with the digital world. No longer does the consumer require a device to access the world’s data and control their technology, they can do this at the blink of an eye via neural chip implant. Civilians flocked to be “chip’d” and enjoy all that their selected Syndicate has to offer; housing, medical, banking, insurance, education, entertainment and jobs. One complete package. One complete lifestyle. In return, the Syndicates gained unprecedented insights, and control, over the individual and their behaviour. With little governmental oversight, business has become war. The Syndicates will stop at nothing for ultimate market dominance. At the front line of this war are the Agents, the Syndicate’s bio-engineered and chip-augmented enforcers. They can breach anything in the wired world including their enemies, their weapons and the environment that surrounds them, making them the most efficient and deadly technological weapons in the world.
Take on the role of Miles Kilo, Eurocorp’s latest prototype agent, and embark on a brutal action adventure of corruption and revenge.
• Chip Enhanced Gameplay: Slow down time, see through walls, and breach your enemy and everything digital in the world with Dart vision – A neural DART6 chip implant that allows you to interface directly with the Dataverse.
• 4-Player Online Co-op: Assemble your Syndicate for global domination. A 4-player, online co-op experience like no other, with chip enhanced gameplay and 9 missions re-imagined from the original Syndicate.
• Visceral FPS Experience: Utilize an upgradable arsenal of futuristic weapons, armor and gear to annihilate your enemies and harvest their chip technology for personal advancement and sinister corporate greed.
• Sci-Fi Fiction: Immerse yourself in the world of Syndicate 2069, with a world-class sci-fi story experience, written by bestselling author Richard Morgan.
- The best of the last-gen: Our 50 favorite Xbox 360 games
- Dear game designers: Please rip off these brilliant game ideas from 2017
- ‘Call of Duty: WWII’ gameplay leak shows off upcoming weapons and modes
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- Wage war on a budget with 10 fun and free first-person shooters for PC and Mac