There’s a cornucopia of fan-made trailers, short films, and other tributes to the Halo universe available online, but the number of them that are actually good is, well… significantly smaller. That’s why it’s nice to find the occasional DIY project that feels like it could hold its own on the big (or small) screen.
Case in point: the new trailer for Halo: Helljumper, an unofficial, live-action series that will debut online in January 2012.
Based on the short story “Dirt” by Tobias S. Buckell, the series will chronicle a veteran soldier’s experiences while battling the alien race known as Covenant. The series will cover 27 years in the Halo universe, beginning before the Human-Covenant War.
As you can probably gather from the trailer, there’s a lot of attention to detail in both the film’s props and performances — giving the project an impressive level of polish.
You can get an in-depth look at the armor and other equipment developed for the series at the Helljumper website, as well as more information about the series and when you can expect to see it premiere online.
- Everything we know about Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ movie
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- Jaegers, assemble! Here’s everything we know about ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’