It’s Thursday, which means the latest set of Fortnite challenges is live and ready for you to complete. For season 5, week 12, you’ll find a much easier batch of challenges when compared to the previous week. In general, you’ll simply need to visit a few locations around the map and collect items — something you’re probably very familiar with if you’re an experienced player. Though, there are also a couple of trickier challenges this week that might cause some issues.
In this guide, we’ll highlight all of the new challenges, and we’ll go through how to complete the trickier ones step-by-step. Here are Fortnite’s season 5 week 12 challenges and how to complete them.
- Fortnite season 5 week 11 challenges and how to complete them
- How to level up fast in Fortnite
- The best places to land in Fortnite
We recommend you at least glance at the challenge list before jumping in so you can effectively make a plan for completing them. In general, this week’s list is straightforward, but as always you should be aware of the order of challenges, which come in stages. Here’s the full list of season 5, week 12 challenges.
- Deal damage within 15 seconds of gliding (0/200) – 20000 XP
- Visit Scenic Spot, Gorgeous Gorge, and Mount Kay (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Destroy inflatable tubemen at gas stations (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Find a family portrait from a shipwreck (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Throw a fish back in the water (0/1) – 20000 XP
- Hit different opponents with a harpoon gun (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Catch different weapon types from fishing spots (0/3) – 20000 XP
- Hit an opponent within 10 seconds of Zero Point Dashing (5,19,15,20,25) – 55000 to 22000 XP
A lot are self-explanatory, like catching different weapon types while fishing or hitting enemies with a harpoon gun. However, the first five challenges must be completed in order, as they all fall within the same set. You’re probably used to completing challenges in stages, but it’s worth mentioning for the newer players.
Below, we’ll go through the tougher challenges that most players might be struggling with.
Visit Scenic Spot, Gorgeous Gorge, and Mount Kay
In order to begin stage 2 for visiting Scenic Spot, Gorgeous Gorge, and Mount Kay, you must first complete stage 1 — which requires you to deal 200 damage within 15 seconds of gliding. For whatever reason, this wasn’t working for us in Battle Royale, so we advise attempting it in Team Rumble. Start by grabbing a weapon or two and then eliminate yourself by jumping from a tall surface. Then, glide to a heavily populated area and immediately start shooting an opponent. Once you’ve dealt 200 damage, you’ll be able to start stage 2.
For stage 2, you need to visit three listed locations, which we cover in the guide below, so click the link for more details.Where to visit Scenic Spot, Gorgeous Gorge, and Mount Kay
Destroy inflatable tubemen at gas stations
Next up, you’ll need to destroy three inflatable tubemen llamas at gas stations. Each gas station has two llamas, meaning you’ll need to visit at least two for this challenge. We go into more detail on how to complete the challenge in the guide below.How to destroy inflatable tubemen at gas stations
Find a family portrait from a shipwreck
Then, you’ll need to find a portrait from one of the shipwrecks around the map. There are a couple of options with multiple portraits, but for this one, you only need to interact with one. Click the link below for more information.Where to find a family portrait from a shipwreck
Hit an opponent within 10 seconds of Zero Point Dashing
The final challenge you’ll likely have issues with is for hitting an opponent within 10 seconds of Zero Point Dashing. There are a few things to know about this challenge, like how to actually use the Zero Point Dash mechanic, and where the best spots are for utilizing the maneuver. Visit the guide below for more details on how to complete the objective.How to hit an opponent within 10 seconds of Zero Point Dashing
And that covers all the tougher Fortnite challenges for season 5, week 12. For the most part, they aren’t too difficult, but there are some that send you to locations you might not be familiar with — or require you to utilize a mechanic you don’t typically use. As usual, we recommend attempting most of them in Team Rumble, as you’ll have the ability to respawn if you die. Just follow the individual links above for more help on getting these challenges done.
- How to play Attackers in Pokémon Unite: Pikachu, Greninja, Cinderace, and more
- How to play Defenders in Pokémon Unite: Snorlax, Crustle, and Slowbro
- How to play Speedsters in Pokémon Unite: Gengar, Talonflame, and more
- Fortnite season 7, week 7 challenges and how to complete them
- How to use preferred item slots in Fortnite