You have to hand it to Rockstar, the developer sure does know how to announce a game. After months of speculation, Rockstar has released the first official glimpse at Granfd Theft Auto V via a trailer that would put many Hollywood trailers to shame. No release date or even release window was hinted at, but you can be sure that it will be one of the best-selling games of whatever year it comes out (probably 2012, we hope).
The trailer is more of a teaser than anything, but it does seem to answer a few questions. The game is returning to the fictional state of San Andreas, and—at least from what the trailer shows—seems to focus on the faux-Los Angeles city of Los Santos. The narrator is likely who you will end up playing, which means that the main character is male—there were rumors that the game would shift to a female character.
But at this point we still can’t count anything out. Multiple characters and changes in POV are still possible, and the city of Los Santos may just be one of several locations, just like the Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Rockstar has yet to issue any other details about the game, but you can likely expect it on PC, PS3, Xbox 360, and possibly the Wii U—although nothing has been confirmed at this point. So for now, sit back and enjoy the trailer as you watch it again and again.
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ rumored to have Battle Royale mode, explorable trains
- ‘Grand Theft Auto V’ still burning rubber after 4 years, tops sales of 90 million
- ‘Red Dead Redemption 2’ suffers another delay, launches October 26
- The 20 best PS4 games you can buy right now
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018