There’s no shortage of fan-made Halo projects out there — everything from movies to costumes — but one that’s received a lot of attention over the past year or so is the indie game Halo: Out With A Whimper.
In development since 2010, Out With A Whimper is a 2-D, side-scrolling shooter set “during the waning days of the Human-Covenant war” that promises to offer a lot more than the average retro-reinvention. The game’s developer, TriBlox Studios, has indicated that Out With A Whimper will feature an original, “story-driven campaign” and a variety of play modes and customization options.
The latest update on the game’s development included the debut of the box art for Out With A Whimper, and some information about how the various classes of characters — playable and otherwise — are being programmed to handle weapons and other in-game abilities.
TriBlox Studios is hoping to have a playable version of the game available this winter, but until that happens, you can check out a brief preview of the game below:
Halo: OWaW – Sneak Peak 1 – Indie DB
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- Microsoft is setting the stage for Xbox Game Pass to thrive
- 20 awesome indie games you should be playing right now
- Amazon Game Studios takes a chance, makes a change, cancels ‘Breakaway’
- The creator of ‘Diablo’ is developing an indie dungeon crawler by himself