You know a video game has gone mainstream when it’s mentioned in a talk show host’s opening monologue — and you know it’s a really big deal when it gets a full-fledged parody.
During last night’s episode of The Tonight Show, Jay Leno paid tribute to the arrival of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 with his own take on “The Vet & The Noob” ad that originally featured actors Sam Worthington and Jonah Hill. In Leno’s version of the ad, he’s paired with Worthington for an explosive introduction to the game that ends with Leno firing a rocket at the Ed Sullivan Theater, where The Late Show with David Letterman is filmed.
The ad simply superimposes Leno’s head over Hill’s in the original ad, but it’s still a nice reminder of just how big of a deal this week’s release of Modern Warfare 3 really is.
- The best of the last-gen: Our 50 favorite Xbox 360 games
- The 20 best Xbox One games you can play right now
- Playing games on the Nintendo Switch is so nice, you’ll buy your games twice
- ‘Sicario 2’ director reportedly close to signing on for Call of Duty movie
- Dominate multiplayer with our ‘Destiny 2’ Crucible guide