“Worldwide sales of the Nintendo DS handheld shot through the five million mark in mid-March, putting the company well within its five to six million unit target for the full year to March 31st according to the latest figures from Nintendo of America.
By contrast, the PlayStation Portable – which won’t launch in Europe until September 1st, a full five months after its North American debut – had sold somewhere over 2.5 million units worldwide by the end of March, missing Sony’s target of three million units by its financial year-end and placing global sales of the device at around half of what Nintendo’s handheld has sold.”
Read more at Gamesindustry.biz
- Don’t expect a Nintendo Switch successor or price cut, Nintendo’s president says
- Still haven’t upgraded your iPhone? Apple says that’s causing poor sales
- GameStop and Target are offering big savings on Nintendo Switch games
- Take up to $60 off a new gaming headset with the HyperX Cyber Monday sale
- Strong holiday season pushes Nintendo Switch to record-breaking sales for 2018