“Worldwide sales of the Nintendo DS handheld shot through the five million mark in mid-March, putting the company well within its five to six million unit target for the full year to March 31st according to the latest figures from Nintendo of America.
By contrast, the PlayStation Portable – which won’t launch in Europe until September 1st, a full five months after its North American debut – had sold somewhere over 2.5 million units worldwide by the end of March, missing Sony’s target of three million units by its financial year-end and placing global sales of the device at around half of what Nintendo’s handheld has sold.”
Read more at Gamesindustry.biz
- Even with Nintendo Switch mania in full swing, 3DS sales remain strong
- Apple leads tablet market as detachable devices continue their rise
- Apple passes Samsung in smartphone sales, as newer models are shunned
- Embrace the freedom to shop with the best weekend sales
- Amid strong local competition, LG bows out of Chinese smartphone market