When the new Xbox One is released, it may include a full price “major third-party title,” according to sources speaking with CVG. The deal will likely be announced at Gamescom, and while the source only claimed knowledge of Europe, it seems likely that the U.S. would also offer the same deal.
The source couldn’t identify what the game will be, just that it is a “major” Christmas release. It’s possible that the game itself hasn’t been revealed. Microsoft is rumored to be announcing a “unique exclusive” at Gamescom, which may be related.
The deal is said to have cost Microsoft millions, but it will add value to the Xbox One, which is currently $100 more than it Sony PlayStation 4 rival.
- Nintendo Switch vs. Xbox One: Can the new hybrid best the established console?
- Xbox One S vs. PlayStation 4 ‘Slim’: Which console is worth your money?
- Having problems with your Xbox One? We have some possible solutions
- ‘Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite’ is now part of the Xbox Play Anywhere program
- Xbox One vs. Xbox One S: Is a mid-tier upgrade worth your money?