Reddit user timofiend has posted a gallery of photos from his game-modding project that put the guts of the two consoles into a standard PC tower. Thus far, he’s reported no problems on the software or hardware front, though there’s a chance that temperature might be an issue for anyone looking to replicate his results.
It’s also worth noting that he used the large, 80-gigabyte model of PS3 instead of the slim version, which would have allowed for better heat-reduction strategies.
“Spent the last month or so working on this, has a new xbox 360 slim inside, and an 80gig PS3 (normal one not the slim, as I couldnt afford to buy two new consoles for this project I just used mine),” he reported.
According to the post, he’s now working on some documentation to offer anyone else interested in doing the same with their consoles.
- Best video game deals: PlayStation 5, Xbox S and X, Nintendo Switch
- All cross-platform games (PS5, Xbox Series X, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC)
- Baldur’s Gate 3 drops Series S splitscreen support to release on Xbox in 2023
- Microsoft will shut down the Xbox 360 Store next year
- You can’t play Baldur’s Gate 3 on Xbox, but you can play these 6 Game Pass RPGs