The Nintendo 3DS is fairly hurting for games, and while that problem will be partially rectified this holiday season, it’s going to take more than a few first-party releases to make the platform the must-have device that the DS was before it. Rest assured, more is coming. Today brings word of a release date for Capcom‘s highly anticipated small-screen Resident Evil adventure, Resident Evil: Revelations: February 7, 2012.
Unlike the arcade-styled killfest that was Resident Evil: Mercenaries, which was released earlier this year, Revelations is a proper RE game cut from the more classic mold of the older games. Very little of the game has been revealed so far, and that’s almost certainly for the best. Better to maintain the mystery.
Revelations arrives on the same day as another fright-themed games, 2K’s delayed-from-October The Darkness 2. Probably not too much of a conflict here for Capcom to worry about though, as that’s a multi-platform console game and Revelations is a 3DS exclusive. Me? I’ll be getting both.
- ‘Monster Hunter World’ is Capcom’s fastest-selling game of all time
- ‘The Evil Within 2’ can now be played as a first-person survival horror game
- Capcom Vancouver reportedly scales back next Dead Rising due to layoffs
- ‘Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite’ is now part of the Xbox Play Anywhere program
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20