During their pre-show press conference, Sony unveiled a pair of Playstation 3 consoles with new color schemes. The “Splash Blue” and “Scarlet Red” PS3 will both go on sale this November in Japan.
The 320GB models will sport the new color schemes as an alternative to the normal, sleek black versions, and sell for around ¥29,980 (US$390). There’s no word yet on when they’ll hit shelves in the U.S.
It’s worth noting that Sony isn’t the only console maker to “go red” recently, as Nintendo announced a similar “Flame Red” version of its Nintendo 3DS in early August.
- 9 Nintendo Switch games you should play in handheld mode
- What was ‘Pokémon Stars?’: Everything we know about the rumored Switch game
- The 20 best Nintendo Switch games you can buy today
- 10 great Nintendo Switch games under $20
- Nintendo’s Shigeru Miyamoto thinks Switch life cycle could surpass six years