If you are a fan of comics, then you are probably at least aware of The Darkness game. Adapted from a comic of the same name, the first title remained a bit under the radar, but the look and gameplay made it something of a cult hit—enough so that a sequel was put into development shortly after the release of the first.
But even if you aren’t a fan of comics, The Darkness II is worth a look. In late April we were given a hands-on preview of the game, where the quad-wielding mechanic was highlighted. Using both hands to hold weapons, and using the darkness tentacles with two other buttons, you have four buttons all linked to weapons. That alone might be enough to win peoples’ interest, but paired with the animation style, the game should draw plenty of attention.
But with E3 looming, 2K Games wants to make sure The Darkness II stands out before the wave of game trailers and info from the convention crashes. So check out the trailer below which features both cinematics and gameplay, then look for The Darkness II to hit stores on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 4.
[Warning: The following trailer may not be suitable for all ages]
- These are the top 40 games we’re looking forward to in 2018
- Score a bargain with the best PS4 game deals under $20
- From ‘Anthem’ to ‘Smash Bros. on Switch,’ here are the games coming to E3 2018
- Digital Trends’ 2018 guide to game conventions and trade shows
- Here are 8 games we think might get delayed in 2018