Check out our full written Watch Dogs review.
As a promotion for its upcoming open-world hacking game, Watch Dogs, Ubisoft handed protagonist Aiden Pearce’s world-hacking cell phone over to unsuspecting civilians (or faux-unsuspecting actors–you never can tell these days) and filmed the ensuing, staged chaos. When the mark comes into a small, cell phone repair shop, the salesman gives their phone a bonus app that lets them “hack” their surroundings with the press of a button. What starts with just turning off and on a light quickly escalates to creating total havoc on the streets before the panicked dupe is let in on the joke.
Watch Dogs will be out on May 27 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
- Video of skilift malfunction shows skiers being violently flung into the air
- Craigslist, Reddit prep for legal woes from FOSTA sex-trafficking bill
- What a good boy! These video games let you pet dogs — and other animals
- Xbox ‘CosPups’ is the most adorable thing you’ll see today
- Forget cloning dogs, A.I. is the real way to let your pooch live forever