Amazon-owned Audible, one of the largest sources of audiobooks, has announced a new partnership with Dolby Labs that will see Dolby Atmos come to its audiobook collection for the first time. Dolby Atmos is a spatial audio surround sound format that is used for movies and music to create a more immersive, 3D experience that goes beyond traditional stereo sound.
Other titles in the series include:
- Letters From Camp: Jamie Lee Curtis’s hit series is a heartfelt comedy told through letters written from camp. The tween-aged Mookie tries to uncover the legend of the Lady of the Lake and make friends with literally anyone, all while learning what it means to be a Camp Cartwright camper.
- Maejor Frequency: a groundbreaking sound experience by renowned music producer and performer, Maejor.
- Marrow: Aditi Kapil’s original drama tells the story of an ambitious young audio producer who gets more than she bargains for when a routine masterclass interview with a legendary novelist reveals a shocking confession.
- Oliver Twist: an adaptation of Charles Dickens’ classic, executive produced by Academy-Award-winning director Sam Mendes, with an original score by The Feeling’s Dan Gillespie Sells (Everyone’s Taking About Jamie), and features an all-star cast including Brian Cox (Succession) as Fagin, among others.
- The Prophecy: Featuring a star-studded cast including Emmy Award-winner Kerry Washington and Daniel Dae Kim (Lost), The Prophecy is a supernatural thriller written by Randy McKinnon from Washington’s Simpson Street Productions, along with premium content studio and podcast network QCODE.
- The Sandman Act III: The third installment of the New York Times best-selling audio saga. Award-winning audio trailblazer Dirk Maggs adapts and directs the blockbuster DC graphic novel series written by Neil Gaiman (Good Omens).
To find these titles, search for “
This isn’t the first time that
Audiobooks are very popular with drivers and an increasing number of vehicles now come equipped with Dolby Atmos-capable sound systems. Likewise, wireless home speaker company, Sonos, has just launched the Era 300, its first speaker designed specifically for Dolby Atmos Music. And yet, so far, there’s no word on when
Amazon is no stranger to
- Samsung adds HW-Q900C to its lineup of 2023 Dolby Atmos soundbars
- Nakamichi’s wild Dragon 11.4.6 Dolby Atmos soundbar goes up for preorder this week
- What is Dolby Atmos Music, and how can you listen to it at home and on the go?
- Sonos Era 100 and Era 300 first impressions: it’s all about immersion
- McIntosh’s new $8,000 AVR: gigantic power, with a Dolby Atmos catch