Panasonic has been playing up its AX900U 4K Ultra HD television for long enough that we were beginning to wonder if we’d actually see it this year. Turns out, the company had the TV on display at IFA 2014, but it wasn’t labelled, so we blew right past it (apparently). Panasonic didn’t make that mistake for the TV’s US debut, though. At the Luxury Technology Show in Beverly Hills this week, Panasonic put a 65-inch AX900U next to an 85-inch version of the company’s recently announced AX850U TV, and a 65-inch version of the AX800U, which we reviewed earlier this year. Short version: The AX900U’s superiority was plain to see, and it looks awesome.
While our video doesn’t do the AX900U’s stunning picture quality justice, we can assure you this will be one of the most talked about televisions for the year, setting the bar extremely high for Panasonic’s competition in 2015. Presently, availability and pricing details are not disclosed, but we have a good bet the TV will be coming available before the holiday season in December.
Panasonic has promised DT an early review sample, and we’ll have a full review soon, so check back often to learn exactly how well the AX900U stacks up to other top-tier offerings, such as the Sony X950B.
- CEO takes ride in passenger drone to demonstrate that it’s safe
- Here is everything we know so far about ‘Westworld’ season 2
- We took a dumb home and made it smart. Here’s where we started
- From TV tech to smart homes, Samsung’s Scott Cohen takes our questions
- We chatted with Sony President Mike Fasulo about TVs, headphones, and more