There’s a street in Portland, Oregon that has such a spectacular Christmas-light display that the police routinely have to block it off from cars, because it’s so packed with pedestrians gaping in wonder. No disrespect, but a neighborhood in Yucaipa, California just might have Peacock Lane beat. Jeff Maxey uploaded a video (which was filmed by a drone, according to the ‘hood’s Facebook page) on YouTube showing the town’s synchronized Christmas lights flashing in time to Trans-Siberian Orchestra’s Wizards of Winter. Yes, it looks amazing, but the truly miraculous part seems to be that everyone in the vicinity was willing to participate, not a Grinch among them. Are we sure this isn’t Pleasantville?
- From candles to LEDs, a quick look at Christmas lights’ past
- The 12 best ugly Christmas sweaters you can buy on Amazon
- This smart holiday lighting is enough to make even Clark Griswold jealous
- Don’t kick it to the curb: 13 ways to recycle your Christmas tree
- Tesla wishes customers happy holidays with its latest Easter egg