A good celebrity endorser is hard to find. Nobody knows this better than Samsung, a company whose celebrity endorsement deals have so often gone awry. Not too long ago, LeBron James famously dissed the Samsung Galaxy S5 that he was supposed to be promoting, Ellen DeGeneres tweeted with an iPhone even though she was supposed to be using a Samsung smartphone, and Jay-Z did the same, appearing with an iPhone in hand shortly after signing a deal with Samsung.
Now it’s happened again.
Just days after Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine went on stage to promote Milk Music at a Samsung event in New York City, he was caught tweeting from an iPhone. The Voice coach tweeted that he and his friends would be on The Ellen Show on Monday, September 8. The tweet was posted at 11 a.m. EST and appears to have been removed. Levine reposted the tweet around 2:25 p.m. EST minus the “via Twitter for iPhone” stamp.
— Adam Levine (@adamlevine) September 8, 2014
To make matters worse, Levine famously said that he and his fellow band mate would have a “ceremonial iPhone burning” after the Samsung event last week. So either Samsung hasn’t given Levine his new Galaxy Note 4 yet, or he was just being ironic about the whole iPhone burning thing.
- Yes, Samsung, the foldable phone’s exciting, but don’t forget about the Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S10 fingerprint sensor bamboozled by 3D-printed fingerprint
- The most common iPhone X problems, and how to fix them
- Samsung’s wide range of Galaxy products means there’s something for everyone
- Here’s where you can buy the brand-new Samsung Galaxy S10