Google is preparing to unleash Android M on the world, but the question is, what will the ‘M’ actually stand for? Every new version of the Android operating system (that powers almost every phone outside the iPhone) is based on a letter of the alphabet and a corresponding dessert. We’ve had Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, and Lollipop so far. We expect the next version to start with the letter M, but the dessert itself is up for debate.
Are you more of a Mike and Ike kind of gal or do you think a Milk Shake will bring the boys to the yard? Cast your vote below and let us know. We’ve picked 12 strong options based on an informal poll here at the DT offices. And if we missed the best dessert like a bunch of sugar-free idiots, let us know in the comments below!
- Facebook shuts down the M assistant, but the features it inspired will live on
- Intel promises its new CPUs will match Nvidia’s potent GTX 1060, thanks to AMD
- Saving for your dream vacation? Here are the best budget apps to help you
- Avenged Sevenfold is down with Beach Boys covers, but not with going to Mars
- ZTE’s new foldable smartphone starts a revolution by offering users two screens