Google is preparing to unleash Android M on the world, but the question is, what will the ‘M’ actually stand for? Every new version of the Android operating system (that powers almost every phone outside the iPhone) is based on a letter of the alphabet and a corresponding dessert. We’ve had Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean, KitKat, and Lollipop so far. We expect the next version to start with the letter M, but the dessert itself is up for debate.
Are you more of a Mike and Ike kind of gal or do you think a Milk Shake will bring the boys to the yard? Cast your vote below and let us know. We’ve picked 12 strong options based on an informal poll here at the DT offices. And if we missed the best dessert like a bunch of sugar-free idiots, let us know in the comments below!
- Android 13 is here, and you can download it on your Pixel phone right now
- This lesser-known Android phone is everything I wish the OnePlus 10T was
- Apple plans to put more ads on your iPhone, report claims
- As a loyal iMessage user, I’m sick and tired of Apple’s resistance to RCS
- It’s not just you — Google’s also fed up with Apple not using RCS