The underwater adventure begins in Dubai, where the store is located. You need an escort to get to the store, which is located four meters under water. But before you can begin the dive, you’ll actually need to learn how to scuba. After the lessons are complete, you’ll be accompanied by experienced divers to the store.
There are two huge catches, though. For one, the store is only open to select individuals, which include contest winners, VIPs, and some media outlets. Secondly, and likely most critically, the store is only open for three days.
Funny enough, even if you’re equipped with the Xperia Z3, you’ll need to encase it in a waterproof container since it doesn’t work at depths of 4 meters. The Xperia Z3 and its siblings boast an IP68 rating, but that rating allows them to survive in water only up to 1.5 meters deep for half an hour. Even then, that only applies in fresh water, not the salt water in which the store is located.
The Xperia Aquatech store seems like a great marketing stunt for those in the Middle East, but we’ll stay on dry land for now.
- Underwater survival game ‘Subnautica’ free on Epic Games’ online store
- Steam’s top-selling games for 2018 include ‘Rocket League,’ ‘Civilization VI’
- Tumblr for iOS vanishes from App Store, possibly due to inappropriate content
- Twice as many publishers earned first million on Apple App Store vs Google Play
- J.C. Penney will no longer sell appliances or furniture in its stores