“So there is this story about a kid, and he’s all like, magic and stuff!” When J.K. Rowling first uttered those words to her prospective publisher (although probably a bit more eloquent sounding), there is no way they could have possibly known that the seven series of book would—in its own small way—change the world.
Now 16 years later, the books have become a firm part of our pop-culture, and both Rowling and her protagonist are household names. But all good things must come to an end as they say, and this summer, Harry Potter will conclude it memorable run when the eighth and final movie concludes the adaptation of the seven books.
The first part, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 did alright at the box-office, raking in $24 million. In the midnight showing. From there it went on to take just shy of $952 million worldwide, and that number will expand on April 11 when the film is released on home media. But while the home release of Part 1 is eagerly expected, it is nothing compared to the anticipation for the second film.
Comingsoon.net has posted a first-look at the upcoming finale. Part trailer, part diary, the clip shows off a bit of what fans of the books have been looking forward to. Check out the clip below, and look for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in 2D, 3D and IMAX on July 15.
- A.I. reads the Harry Potter series, then writes some absurd fan fiction
- Study spells and take classes on your phone in ‘Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery’
- Veteran game designer creates ‘War Room,’ the ultimate WWII tabletop game
- Here’s what’s new on HBO in February, and what’s going away
- ‘Top Gear’ hosts Chris Harris and Eddie Jordan escape burning car