It’s tough to know how to classify this article, since no one has any idea what it means yet. The other day a mysterious new webpage appeared on the interwebs, copyrighted by J.K. Rowling. The site, www.pottermore.com, simply features a pair of owls, the name of the site, and a “Coming Soon” notice above Rowling’s signature. Clicking on either of the owls then takes you to a YouTube page that features a countdown timer that will expire on Wednesday the 22nd at 7am EST.
A Twitter page, @Pottermore, has also appeared, which features two posts: The first part of a google puzzle which when pieced together spells “Pottermore,” and the second is a link to the YouTube page.
The speculation has run rampant on what Pottermore is, but according to The Guardian, one thing that Pottemore is not, is a new book.
“All we can say is that Pottermore is the name of J.K. Rowling’s new project. It will be announced soon, and it is not a new book.” A Rep for Rowling told the British paper.
It has been a big week for Harry Potter. First a new trailer for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was released, and now this. So what is Pottermore? Your guess is as good as ours.
- A.I. reads the Harry Potter series, then writes some absurd fan fiction
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- Owl Car Cam brings 24-hour outside and inside monitoring to your vehicle
- Johnny Depp, Brad Pitt, and 11 more actors you won’t believe never won Oscars
- ‘Pokémon Go’ is finally heading to the world’s largest mobile market