Alice Eve, who was all but a done deal to play telepath Emma Frost in Matthew Vuaghn’s X-Men: First Class, has stepped down, and January Jones has signed on to replace her.
According to CBM, the decision to leave the X-Men movie was down to Eve herself who requested she be released from the movie following recent script changes. According to the report, Eve may now be in line to take the role of Sue Storm/The Invisible Woman in Fantastic Four Reborn, a reboot of the Fantastic Four franchise. There are also rumors that Eve may play a minor villain in the upcoming Avengers movie.
Stepping into the role of Frost will be Mad Men’s January Jones, who has officially signed, according to Variety. Jones’ casting follows the signing of Jason Flemyng and Rose Byrne, who join James MacAvoy, Michael Fassbender, and Kevin Bacon.
Filming on X-Men: First Class is expected to begin later this month, and the movie is due out on June 3, 2011.
- Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: Everything we know so far
- The Game of Thrones prequel: Everything we know so far
- ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’: Everything we know about the new Terminator movie
- The best movies on Netflix right now (April 2019)
- The best movies on Amazon Prime Video right now (April 2019)