There’s been no shortage of trailers, clips, and television ads for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy making the rounds lately, but for anyone who craves even more preview footage from the upcoming cosmic adventure, Marvel Studios and IMAX are offering a free peek at 17 minutes of the film.
The free IMAX screening is happening July 7 at select theaters around the country, and fans can reserve seats for the event — which are still available in a long list of cities — via SeeItFirst.net.
For those who somehow missed all of the Guardians of the Galaxy madness up to this point, the upcoming film brings Marvel’s cinematic universe into deep space for an adventure with a group of misfit mercenaries who find themselves saddled with a task that puts the fate of all creation at risk. The film stars Chris Pratt as Peter Quill, a.k.a. Star-Lord, the leader of the ragtag team.
Directed by James Gunn (Slither), the film also stars Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, and Benicio del Toro, as well as the voices of Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper as the massive, sentient tree Groot and heavy-weapons expert Rocket Raccoon, respectively.
If you can’t make it to a screening, don’t worry — Guardians of the Galaxy arrives in theaters August 1, just a few weeks from now.
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- Where Baby Groot’s dance moves came from, and other FX secrets from ‘Guardians 2’
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- Here’s the first look at Brie Larson as Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel